Right now, no matter what time of the day or night you are reading this, someone’s website is making money – a lot of money – using one simple idea.
It’s an idea you should be using to increase the profitability of not only your website, but every aspect of your marketing efforts as well. And even if you are using this idea to some degree, even small improvements can produce huge gains on your return on investment.
What can this idea do for you?
- It can create a large list of people who identify themselves as being interested in your product or service.
- It can also produce a list of people who ask to receive your marketing materials.
- It eliminates forever the problem of sending out untargeted junk mail that does not get opened or read.
- It generates repeat traffic to your website as long as you keep producing fresh and useful content.
- And most important of all, when your marketing message is requested, welcomed, expected and read by interested prospects; your sales rates increase exponentially.
What is this simple idea? No doubt you’ve already guessed it is Permission Marketing a phrase coined by Seth Godin when he literally wrote the book on the subject.
Mr. Godin defined Permission Marketing as the very opposite of Interruption Marketing, such as the telemarketer who calls right in the middle of your supper. The Permission Marketer instead obtains your consent to market to you often with the offer of a free booklet or some other free product of value.
A free offer “lowers the bar” for a reader to respond and it subsequently enables you to build an ongoing relationship with that person. The whole idea behind Permission Marketing is that it breaks through the clutter of all the other messages bombarding your prospects every day.
Godin calls this getting the prospects to “raise their hands” or volunteer to participate in your marketing. Thereafter, any marketing message they receive is by consent, and they can “opt-out” at anytime they choose, so their involvement is always with permission.
Godin sums up the concept of Permission Marketing as, “turning strangers into friends, and friends into customers.” If you aren’t already using Permission Marketing along with your other marketing strategies, you need to get this ball rolling right away.
If you already have some aspects of it in place, keep improving, it will be the best investment you will ever make.
And finally, if you haven’t read Seth’s book, Permission Marketing, I just cannot recommend this book enough. It WILL make you money.